Yellow is the New Black……………
We all like the soap “Orange is the New Black”, and
lots of people like the colour orange , but yellow is another story altogether.
As a kid, I was in the “Yellow” house in school and I remember the other kids
teasing ‘Yellow, yellow, dirty fellow!!!!’ I sure was envious of all the other
so called ‘luckier’ kids in the Blue, Green and Red House. I almost never chose
anything yellow while doing clothes shopping, my first preference was always
blue or white……….. Till a few years back when I bought a lovely vase in yellow
for the house and realised how much it brightened up the whole place. Then my journey
began……………. of exploring, trying and finally loving this colour till I actually
began to believe that Yellow is indeed the new Black!!!!!
Yellow, its warm, its vivacious, its
attractive, It’s happy (maybe that’s why all the emoticons are in yellow), its
sexy and exudes loads of attitude…………. But it’s not the easiest of colours to
carry off…………. And it does take a lot of
confidence and attitude to wear it
effortlessly. If it goes wrong, it can go really wrong…….. a major faux pas !!!!
But life is all about experimenting, so let’s go for it !!!!!!!!!!!!
How to wear ‘Yellow’ and set our
environ ablaze, literally and figuratively?? I’m sharing a few looks and
colours for various occasions and look forward to your feedback…………… My only
major rule, just wear one piece or article of this rich colour!!!! You can try
any of these……….
- With all black, on a cold winter day or when its cloudy and rainy.
Perfect!!!!! To uplift the weather and bring a smile on everyone’s face.
- With an all white ensemble, be it a dress or Jeans and a top, but this
is a really classy combo !!!
- With blue……. It can be a dress, blue dress with yellow Blazer or vice
versa. It’s a fabulous look to combine a Yellow top with blue Jeans………. Or blue Jeans,
white striped T and Yellow Blazer. All these are classic and we can carry them
off well.
- An all Yellow dress, accessorised with black, blue or fire colours like
orange and red….. you can throw in a floral pair of shoes in these colours and
take up your style quotient several notches!!!!! Don’t blame me if your feet
hurt after wearing those stilettoes but it’s definitely worth it……………
.
- With skirts in almost any colour, I tried with maroon and it worked!!!
Pencil skirts especially in grey, black, blue or white work best.
- For Indian ensembles, its best teamed with matt gold or white….. or
maybe wearing a shaded saree or suit which has various gradients of this fire
colour…….




👌👍💛💛💛
ReplyDelete👌👍💛💛💛
ReplyDeleteThanks Kiran. Glad you liked my thoughts
DeleteYou are awsome Manisha mam....
ReplyDeleteThanks Malti
ReplyDeleteWow Manisha, you are carrying off the outfits so well. Very smart and elegant
ReplyDeleteThanks
Delete